Frontpage   |   Twitter   |   Photos   |   Game   |   Standings Sunday 21 January 2018
 
Tuesday 28 February at 08:35
Injured Wehrlein set for next doctor decision
Font size:
Tuesday 28 February at 08:35 : Feb.28 (GMM) A dark cloud continues to hang over injured Sauber driver Pascal Wehrlein.

The young German is in Barcelona for the start of official testing, but still forbidden by doctors to drive after hurting his back in a January rollover crash.

"I haven't had any pain for a long time," he insisted on Monday.

However, Sauber ruled him out of action for the first of just two four-day tests, replacing him with engine supplier Ferrari's reserve Antonio Giovinazzi.

"We will monitor his medical progress and then decide on the next steps," said team boss Monisha Kaltenborn.

Wehrlein, 22, said in Barcelona that he will return for the second Barcelona test, but that decision has not yet been made formally.

"The next doctor's decision will be at the weekend in Zurich," he is quoted by the Swiss newspaper Blick.

"I hope they will say that everything is fine and I can be back in the car."

Veteran correspondent Roger Benoit said Wehrlein denied that he has damaged some vertebrae.

He said his resting phase is simply precautionary.

"Health is the most important thing," said Wehrlein. "I rely completely on the doctors' advice.

"It hurts to watch, but I'm trying to get as much information as possible about the car and the tyres and get to know the team."

He also hit back at claims that, even if he does recover in time for the second test, he will not be ready for Melbourne due to falling behind in his training programme.

"I'm not bedridden," Wehrlein insisted. "I'm still training. And by the time of the race of champions, I had already gained five kilograms of muscle."
RELATED NEWS ITEMS
12-01 Mercedes to keep supporting ousted Wehrlein - Wolff
14-12 Wehrlein's F1 exit 'a shame' - Wolff
10-11 Wehrlein admits Williams 'only option' for 2018
31-10 Sauber decides to drop Wehrlein for 2018 - report
23-10 Wehrlein set to lose Mercedes backing
20-10 Wehrlein hopes to know future before Abu Dhabi
08-10 No Toro Rosso seat for Wehrlein - Marko
 
NEXT RACE 26 March 2017
Grand Prix of Australia (5,303 m)
Melbourne, Albert Park Circuit
Last Winner: Nico Rosberg
TV schedule
Friday - practice 1
12:30 - 14:00

Friday - practice 2
16:30 - 18:00

Saturday - practice 3
14:00 - 15:00

Saturday - qualification
17:00 - 18:00

Sunday - race
16:00

Friday - practice 1

Friday - practice 2

Saturday - practice 3

Saturday - qualification

Sunday - race

STANDINGS 2016
Driver championship
1.Hamilton363
2.Vettel315
3.Bottas305
Constructors championship
1.Mercedes668
2.Ferrari522
3.Red Bull368
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
www.ReserveDeler24.CO.NO
 
RECENT PHOTO'S
car Robert Kubica, Williams Robert Kubica, Williams Nicolas Latifi, Force India Hamilton, Bottas, Massa, Abu Dhabi 2017 Brendon Hartley, Scuderia Toro Rosso, Abu Dhabi 2017 Brendon Hartley, Scuderia Toro Rosso, Abu Dhabi 2017 Pierre Gasley, Scuderia Toro Rosso, Abu Dhabi 2017
Pierre Gasley, Scuderia Toro Rosso, Abu Dhabi 2017 Pascal Wehrlein, Sauber, Abu Dhabi 2017 Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, Abu Dhabi 2017 Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, Abu Dhabi 2017 Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, Abu Dhabi 2017 Felipe Massa, Williams, Abu Dhabi 2017 Felipe Massa, Williams, Abu Dhabi 2017 Lance Stroll, Williams, Abu Dhabi 2017
Copyright ©2018 Onestopstrategy.com   |   Poki - Racing spelletjes About us    |    Contact    |    Advertising    |    Vacancies    |    Privacy Statement