Frontpage   |   Twitter   |   Photos   |   Game   |   Standings Tuesday 17 Oktober 2017
 
Monday 17 April at 10:35
Alonso, McLaren deny 2018 Le Mans reports
Font size:
Monday 17 April at 10:35 : Apr.17 (GMM) Fernando Alonso and McLaren have played down reports suggesting the Spaniard will definitely contest next year's fabled 24 hour Le Mans race.

The news follows the shock revelation in Bahrain this weekend that Alonso will sit out Monaco next month to make a bid for victory in the equally famous Indy 500.

Eric Boullier, the McLaren team boss, admitted it is part of a plan to convince Alonso to ride out the current performance crisis and sign a new contract for 2018.

"Everyone has his tricks when negotiating," Der Spiegel quotes the Frenchman as saying.

Indeed, Alonso's frustration is currently palpable, as he complained on the radio in Bahrain that the Honda is the least powerful engine he has ever raced.

"When the red lights go out you are motivated and you start to fight," he explained afterwards, "but when you are so far behind on the straights that you cannot defend your position, you cannot enjoy the battle.

"Now let's focus a little on the Indy 500," the Spanish sports newspaper Marca quotes Alonso as saying after Bahrain.

"It will also do me good to refresh my head a little," he added.

That is because Alonso acknowledges that, even if McLaren and Honda are working hard on fixes, it will take time.

"We have to have a little patience," he said. "The next month or the next three or four races are going to be difficult.

"The amazing thing is that the other car was not even in the race, which for Stoffel I don't know if it was bad luck or good luck. So we have to do something but I don't know if the team has any idea what.

"We must find a solution as soon as possible," Alonso added.

As for the reports Alonso already has an agreement with Porsche to contest next year's Le Mans, a McLaren source told El Mundo Deportivo "there is no plan" for that.

And sources close to Alonso added: "It is not true. It is an invention."
RELATED NEWS ITEMS
10-10 Alonso to blame for bad career choices - Rosberg
07-10 2018 Alonso deal mere days from announcement
07-10 Boullier still pushing for Alonso signature
06-10 Alonso not commenting on Catalonia issue
30-09 Alonso contract being written - Boullier
29-09 Alonso eyes new McLaren deal before Austin
17-09 Alonso-McLaren announcement due within days
 
NEXT RACE 26 March 2017
Grand Prix of Australia (5,303 m)
Melbourne, Albert Park Circuit
Last Winner: Nico Rosberg
TV schedule
Friday - practice 1
12:30 - 14:00

Friday - practice 2
16:30 - 18:00

Saturday - practice 3
14:00 - 15:00

Saturday - qualification
17:00 - 18:00

Sunday - race
16:00

Friday - practice 1

Friday - practice 2

Saturday - practice 3

Saturday - qualification

Sunday - race

STANDINGS 2016
Driver championship
1.Hamilton263
2.Vettel235
3.Bottas212
Constructors championship
1.Mercedes475
2.Ferrari375
3.Red Bull230
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
www.ReserveDeler24.CO.NO
autoverzekering - Pricewise
 
RECENT PHOTO'S
Hamilton, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Max Verstappen, Red Bull, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Max Verstappen, Red Bull, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Race, Suzuka Sunday 2017
Race, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Race, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Race, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Fuerza Mexico, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Race, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, Suzuka Sunday 2017 Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, Suzuka Sunday 2017
Copyright ©2017 Onestopstrategy.com   |   Poki - Racing spelletjes About us    |    Contact    |    Advertising    |    Vacancies    |    Privacy Statement